Delve into geology and discover the nature and origins of oil. Pupils become oil geologists, engineers and drillers as we investigate the story behind this precious resource. From identifying the rocks where oil is found, to learning about seismic testing, core sampling, and even building replica oil rigs. It’s exploration on a brand new level!
- Recall that oil is created over millions of years from dead marine organisms
- Identify the four factors required for oil deposits to form
- Identify methods used by geologists to locate oil deposits
- Recall that engineering looks at the design, building and use of structures, machines and technology
- Describe the basic components of an oil drilling rig
CfE links: TechnologiesTeachers Notes Tech Specs