The magnetic discovery workshop
Welcome to the mysterious world of magnets. In this engaging hands-on workshop our storytellers introduce concepts such as magnetic attraction and repulsion, fields and poles. Interactive supported play allows pupils to explore magnetic forces first hand as they learn about the effects they have on the world around us – like the amazing Northern Lights.
- Describe that magnets have a north and a south pole
- Recall that like poles repel and opposite poles attract
- Identify that magnetic materials are often made from iron
- Describe that magnets have invisible magnetic fields around them which are strongest at the poles
- Recall that the Earth has a north and south pole and a magnetic field
CfE links: Vibrations and waves, MaterialsTeachers Notes Tech Specs