Power From The People
Generating Green Electricity
Discover the secrets of electricity first-hand in this stimulating interactive workshop. Pupils explore what electricity is, how it can be stored and even create some themselves using our specially designed hand generators. Then we’ll introduce our mini robotic creatures, the Hexbugs, and set the challenge to charge them up for a race round our track.
- Recognise that electricity is a form of energy
- Explain that electricity is the flow of electrons around a circuit
- Recall that moving a magnet past a circuit produces electricity
- Describe how we can use human movement to produce electricity
- Describe how the amount of electricity produced depends on the number of magnets, coils in a wire and speed of movement
- Recall that a capacitor is a device for storing electricity
CfE links: Energy sources and sustainability.
Supported by EDF Energy.
Teachers Notes Tech Specs