About the event
As well as being Scotland’s largest producer of low carbon electricity, EDF is investing in engaging and inspiring the next generation of Scottish Minds. Through EDF Renewables, EDF support Edinburgh Science’s Generation Science outreach programme and each year welcomes thousands of school pupils through the doors of their visitor centres at Hunterston B and Torness power stations.
As part of Elements of #EdSciFest, we are proud to showcase a range of online resources created by EDF to inspire, challenge and encourage children and young people to explore, engage with and understand the world around them.
The Pod is EDF’s award winning educational resource platform – ideal to keep children and young people of all ages entertained and inspired. The Pod covers a range of topics, including sustainability, energy, waste and biodiversity.
There’s games to play, activities to download, videos to watch and even songs to sing! Have a look at some of our favourites below, and use the link at the bottom of the page to access The Pod.
- Power Puzzles – Race against the clock to solve challenges which will help you save energy in the online home!
- Join Wildlife Presenter Chris Packham to explore what inspired him in the natural world in these videos.
- Zoom through lots of levels and become a recycling champion with Busta in Recycling Adventures
- You’re in charge of producing the UK’s electricity in Power the UK – we think you’re up to the challenge!
- Become an energy champion in Power Patrol – help Roach turn off as many lights as possible in this fast paced online game.
Note: You can access and download a lot of resources without creating an account via the student tab on The Pod. For full access to all resources, an adult will need to create a free account.
Head on over to our Generation Electric page to find out more about EDF.