Community Engagement Manager
£29,693 pro rata per annum (pay award pending) FTC,1-year term w/possible extension
Salary: £29,693 pro rata per annum (pay award pending)
Duration: Fixed-term contract 1-year initially, with possibility of extension
Work hours: Part-time (14 hours per week)
Work location: Edinburgh (flexible/hybrid working available)
About the role:
We believe in inspiring, encouraging and challenging people of all ages and backgrounds to explore and understand the world around them.
This is an exciting, new post, to build on and further expand and facilitate delivery of meaningful Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) engagement activities for different communities around the city. This is a unique opportunity to join our team and to help drive forward our vision to fully engage with all communities across the city – particularly those communities currently less engaged and involved in our programmes or that experience barriers to access.
As a community champion, bridging the gap between our organisation and the community, you will drive activities throughout the year to broaden our reach and links into the communities; to improve our offering to the communities and to create a cohesive and joined up experience for the communities to engage with Edinburgh Science.
- Driven by your desire for inclusion of underrepresented groups across the city, you are passionate about public engagement and science communication
- You are a highly motivated self-starter; you’re may be degree qualified or have strong equivalent experience and with some knowledge in at least one area of STEM
- You are a relationship builder and networker with significant previous experience working with communities and developing meaningful partnerships and collaborating with multiple stakeholders in a community setting
- You have an understanding of the barriers which effect the participation of groups to Science based activities, both as part of our festival and as part of our schools programme
- You have experience in and knowledge of delivering interactive, hands-on activities with a range of audiences
- You are an effective communicator, both spoken and written, with confidence in speaking to a wide range of groups
- You will have the positive and flexible approach needed for our dynamic business and be willing to roll your sleeves up and get involved in the project management and delivery of our community-based work
How to apply:
Click the link below to visit our dedicated careers portal. Please note that only applications submitted via our careers portal will be considered.
The closing date for applications is: SUNDAY 24 JULY, 11.59PM
Virtual Interviews will be held from: W/C 1 August
At Edinburgh Science we welcome applications from all backgrounds because we believe that bringing together people with different perspectives, ideas and experiences always leads to better discussions, decisions and results.
Download Job Description